Pregnancy is one of the most significant times of physical change in a woman’s body throughout her life. These changes happen in a relatively short period of time often resulting in extra stress on the muscles and joints.
Health and Balance osteopathy will support you through your pregnancy by providing gentle and safe treatment. This will help your body to adapt to the demands and physical changes during this time. We will also guide you on appropriate exercises or specific stretching to compliment the treatment we are providing. Contact us today to arrange an appointment.
Why visit an osteopath when pregnant?
Osteopathy provides many benefits for pregnant women. Some of the reasons a woman may consult an osteopath during her pregnancy include:
– ensure their body adjusts well to the physical changes of pregnancy
– reduce the effects of extra strain, weight and pressure on the joints of the spine and lower limb
– relief from lower back pain, middle back pain, upper back pain and neck pain
– relief from sciatica
– reduce effects of swelling that can often result in carpal tunnel syndrome
– manage pelvic instability and pelvic girdle pain
– closer to labour ensuring optimal foetal position to assist in ease of labour
Reducing the physical strain on the body allows precious energy to go into growing a healthy bub and enjoying a comfortable pregnancy.
Contact our Melbourne team for osteopathy pregnancy services
If you’re interested in osteopathy while pregnant, please get in touch with our experienced team by calling us directly on (03) 9999 8075 or by emailing email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Alternatively, you can book your appointment via our online booking system.
We work closely with your prenatal health professionals providing a consistent team care arrangement having good relationships with midwifes and obstetricians of Mercy hospital in Heidelberg along with other leading maternity hospitals in Melbourne.